Hi everyone, I found this article on ehospitalitynews.com and it was more of a job description than an actual article, so I'm reaching out. Tell me what else it is you do as an Executive Housekeeper, that isn't listed here, such as taking pictures of cigarette butts, so you have proof the guest smoked in the room. Anything will do, it all helps those of us out there in the housekeeping world to relate to one another.
Thanks for reading and until next time - keep it polished!
Executive housekeepers direct and control housekeeping operations and staff of the housekeeping department.
An executive housekeeper, co-ordinates between housekeeping crews to inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met.
An executive housekeeper manages many priorities and demands and is able to solve problems, support staff, as well as perform the duties of a housekeeper when required.
* Establish and/or implement operating procedures and standards
* Plan and coordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crew
* Coordinate inspection or inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met
* Apply human resource management skills, such as hiring, training, scheduling and evaluating performance
* Complete financial management tasks, such as setting and adhering to a budget
* Handle administrative tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* A secondary school diploma is an asset
* A college diploma in tourism or business management is an asset, as is National Occupational Certification as a Housekeeping Room Attendant
* Professional attitude
* Previous experience working in housekeeping is required
* Previous supervisor or manager experience is an asset
* Human resource management skills such as recruitment and training
* Basic accounting skills
* Good customer service skills
* Purchasing and inventory skills is an asset
* Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS) certification is an asset and may be required
Possible Future Career Path:
* Front Office/Rooms Division Manager
* Housekeeping Director
* Rooms Division Executive
source | go2hr.ca